Contributor(s): Alkin Delancy, Daniel Olawale
- Ribfest is a food festival that occurs for three days every August, open to all ages and barbeque enthusiasts.
- Six champion rib teams compete for trophies and bragging rights for best ribs, sauce, and the prestigious People’s Choice .
- The event is run by the local government and a Ribfest committee that comprises local volunteers .
- The Family Fun Zone is a completely free area for all to enjoy exhilarating activities such as a ventriloquist show or watermelon-eating contests.
- All activities are sponsored by donations from local businesses like Save-On Foods, Actua and the Kamloops Brain Injury Association, just to name a few.
- While Ribfest is an event that takes place nationwide, they also allow local vendors opportunities to partake in the festivities!
Photos by: Alyssa Robbins
Video by: Alkin Delancy
Nandi’s Flavours of India
- As of Ribfest 2018 the local food vendor involved was Nandi’s Flavours of India.
- Nandi’s provides Vegan and Vegetarian food options for those non-meat eaters whonstill want to enjoy Rifest.
- Nandi’s has been involved with Ribfest for the last six years.
- They plan to participate in every upcoming Ribfest for the foreseeable future.
- They use some local markets for their fruit and vegetables.
- Owner Nandi Spolia is heavily involved in Rotary.
Audio by: Daniel Olawale